It's been a busy week for fire departments in the area. On Monday night the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Volunteer Fire Department was just finishing up a training exercise when they were called to a fire at Moe's Southwest Grill at the Village Plaza.

Clifton Park Volunteer Fire Department
Clifton Park Volunteer Fire Department
loading...
Clifton Park Volunteer Fire Department
Clifton Park Volunteer Fire Department
loading...

A grease fire started in the kitchen. Just prior to fire crews arriving, Saratoga County Sheriff's Deputy CJ Brownell rushed in and was able to get the fire under control using a fire extinguisher.

Clifton Park Volunteer Fire Department
Clifton Park Volunteer Fire Department
loading...

Firefighters checked over the area to make sure the fire was completely out. Luckily the damage was minimal. Although the chips probably got a little overcooked.

On Thursday, fire departments in and around Troy were called to a kitchen fire at Brueggers Bagels on Congress Street. The fire was apparently in the ceiling and heavy smoke was reported in the building.

News 10
News 10
loading...

The fire spread to the apartment upstairs, but crews were able to get it under control.

News 10
News 10
loading...

Troy Assistant Fire Chief Rich Cellucei told News 10 the building itself is stable, but Brueggers will be closed for a while in order to make repairs:

It’s pretty good extensive damage up through the pipe chases. Some ceilings were pulled. A lot of water and smoke damage. So they are going to be rehabbing for a bit but no structural damage.

News 10
News 10
loading...

The fire is under investigation, still no word on how that one started. All the workers at Brueggers got out and nobody was hurt.

[News 10]

Live In a New York Firehouse

See inside this 1900 firehouse turned into a house